Wednesday 20 April 2011

Brooches, Biscuits and a New Bag

What a gorgeous weekend it was. Saturday was spent doing a little bit of shopping in town (some pre holiday stuff…..and yes I know its still 3 months away, but still). I then took the afternoon to play with those fabric butterflies I made a few weeks back. After much deliberation I decided to make them into brooches. I brought some felt to attach to the back to make them a bit more rigid and glued on a pin.


I think they look quite nice, especially when lined up like this.

On Sunday we ventured out to our first car boot of the year. Unusually I was very good, and nothing tempted me enough to spend my pennies. Instead, on the way home, I spent them in the local farm shop on some yummy lemony goodies.


I haven’t had lemon curd since I was much younger. I remember my mum making lemon curd jam tarts. Mmmmmm………..I wonder if she’d be happy to make me some now?

This weekend also saw the arrival of my new purchase from Etsy store Creating Things. This gorgeous handmade bag is beautifully made and in stunning fabric and I love, love, love it! Thank you Nancy!


Please check out her shop at www.etsy.com/shop/fromnancy . She has a great selection of handmade bags in a variety of beautiful fabrics, and its well worth a look. 

Right, now I have to get back to it. I decided to take an impromptu day off as its so sunny, and have been out enjoying the sun this morning. However I need to get on with photographing and packaging the brooches ready to put in my Etsy and Folksy shops………..Happy Sun Day! x

2 comments:

  1. You're right - Nancy's shop is full of beautiful bags. Lovely stuff. I wish it was as easy to get such good fabric here in the UK, at the prices the Americans pay - fabric here is quite pricey.

    Your butterflies are very pretty - I haven't the patience for fiddly work and admire you for doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have to admit I find it quite relaxing when im sewing things like those.

    You're right about the fabric. My favourite place at the moment is The Eternal Maker in Chichester......have you been? It is expensive, but if you're looking for something different or for a special occasion then its worth a visit. They stock a fab range.

    ReplyDelete